FooBillard Ports Page
Check out Free fooBillard for Android.
This is actually a complete rewrite
by the original author of fooBillard.
A new PC-version is also planned.
FooBillard (official home page: http://foobillard.flockaroo.at) is a free (libre; licensed under GPL2) OpenGL
billiard game for Linux by
Florian Berger. This is the page for ports
of FooBillard hosted on SourceForge. At
the moment, a Win32 port is hosted here. The official page has an
OS X port and older Win32 ports. There is also a Polish version, see below for
Click on the pictures to download
larger versions of the screen shots. These are from the Win32 port,
versions 2.9 and 3.0.
Please see the official page
for more screen
shots. Do play
the GNU/Linux version in
order to experience the original FooBillard. The rendered display with
high-quality settings is very nice
if you have a fast Nvidia card.
Win32 Port (Version 3.0 Release 2, 2007-09-25)
FooBillard is best played on Linux
a GeForce2 class or better graphics card and OpenGL libraries
with 3D acceleration. Ported by Kein-Hong
Man, using Msys+Mingw and SciTE. FooBillard uses SDL, FreeType 2, libpng, zlib, and libgw32c from the GnuWin32 project. This
port would not have been possible without GNU
- FooBillard's Ports SF Project Summary Page
- Win32 port Version 3.0 Release 2 file list
- Link to download the Win32 Version 3.0 Release 2 binary (zip archive 1586KB)
- Piotr Potera has Polish a version at http://www.foobillard.er.pl/
What has been fixed in Win32 Release 2 for FB 3.0 (versus Win32
Release 1 for
- Configuration file now goes to the APPDATA path, per the normal practice for Win32 applications.
- Recent display drivers have a glitch displaying the 'fb' texture due to a texture clamping parameter, fixed.
- Some network code fixes from Filip Konvička; network play improved, but still needs more work.
- Libraries updated to latest versions, now dynamically linked.
What has been fixed in Win32 Release 1 for FB 3.0 (versus Win32
Release 2 for
- Most of FooBillard's features works, with some quirks.
- For non-Win32 specific changes from 2.9 to 3.0, please see the official page.
- Enabled multitextures (cloth effect) for cards with OpenGL drivers that support it.
- Rendered+fresnel reflections works on Nvidia cards that can handle vertex programs.
- Bump mapping should also work on suitable Nvidia cards, but I
haven't tested it. (Update: works on later Nvidia cards.)
If your graphics card and its Win32 OpenGL driver does not support
advanced visual effects, then FooBillard should ignore the high-quality
display settings and still work correctly. Older Intel graphics may
fail to render the fancy modes. Please see README.win32 in the
distribution for the details. The port is quite (but not
perfectly) stable. Network play has not been tested, you're welcome to
troubleshoot the networking code. As maintainer of the Win32 port, I
don't have any big plans; I'm barely familiar with OpenGL, and I
usually play FooBillard very casually, mainly for relaxation.
If you wish to give us a monetary contribution, please send
your donation to the Free
Foundation. If you like FooBillard, please convey your words of
appreciation, encouragement or worship to Florian Berger. ;-)